Closing date: 10/12/2019 at 12:00
Interview date: 12/12/2019
Job Start Date: January 2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade C salary range £18426 - £19407 pro rata
Hours of Work: 23.5 hours - Monday - Friday 8.30am - 12noon and 2 afternoons (tba) 1pm - 4pm
Location of Role: Clanfield Junior School
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to appoint a committed and hard-working individual who will provide excellent administrative support to the staff, parents and pupils. The successful candidate will play a key role in undertaking reception duties, organising school trips, data inputting and tracking for Attendance as well as supporting school staff in a range of more general administrative tasks. This is a very busy and varied role requiring excellent organisational skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. The candidate will need to:
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be experienced and confident in the use of ICT.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths is essential.
- Have previous office administration experience ideally in an education setting, along with the ability to work independently, stay calm and maintain a sense of humour when working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to multi task.
- Be able to form good relationships and work in partnership with parents, pupils, staff and visitors whilst remaining thoroughly professional, fully understanding the issues of confidentiality and the need to protect the welfare of children.
- Work alongside key school staff and other agencies to reduce levels of unauthorised absence and promote whole school attendance strategies, attending meetings as the school’s representative where needed.
- Work with pupils and their families to ensure high levels of attendance.
- Have a first aid qualification or be prepared to undertake training.